Print the Parent Code of Conduct form, sign and give to your Team Manager.
The following standards are established by the MFC and govern the behavior of all MFC Parents, before, during and after soccer club events:
1. As a Parent I will let players and coaches take responsibility for the first goal playing competitively. I will relentlessly focus on the second, more important goal of using sports to teach life lessons to my child and other youth.
2. I will use positive encouragement for my children, their teammates, and coaches. I understand that people do their best with positive reinforcement.
3. I will use a self-control routine to avoid losing my composure when things go wrong. I will take a deep breath, turn away from the game to refocus, count backwards from 100 or use self-talk.
4. I will engage in No-Directions Cheering. I will limit my comments during the game to encouraging my child and other players (from both teams)
5. I will refrain from making negative comments about my child’s coach in my child’s presence. I understand that this will help to avoid planting negative seeds in my child’s head that can negatively influence my child’s motivation and overall experience.
6. I will demand a soccer environment for my child free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all practices and games.
7. If my child develops a behavior-related problem that repeatedly disrupts practices and/or games, I promise to work with my child’s coach to resolve that problem.
8. I will not sit or stand on the coaches’ and players’ sideline during a match, unless invited by the coach.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from MFC events.
10. I will support the coach’s decision to play or not play my child. We trust our coach to make a decision based on what is best for the team.
11. I will encourage fair play and good sportsmanship by treating coaches, players, and officials with respect, regardless of race, sex, or ability.
12. I will refrain from discussing any issues about a game with the referee or linesman at any time. This includes a call or lack of a call, before, during or after a game, and includes at the field or away from it. If I have an issue, I agree to abide by the 24 hour rule.
13. I will remember that as a fan, I represent the Millennium Futbol Club and the community. I understand poor behavior during practices, games, or tournaments may result in expulsion from the soccer complex. If this happens repeatedly, it will result in expulsion from the Club.
Millennium FC - Bloomington, Illinois - www.millenniumfc.com